Welcome to 1800Wheelchair.ca
Scholarship Home Page
The submission period is over... Thanks to everyone who applied. Find out who wins, sign up for scholarship winners, updates and news.
Below is the original announcement.
It is with great pride that 1800Wheelchair Canada announces our Sixth
scholarship awardee – Ms.
We received a great response, hundreds of students submitted essays. Emily is currently Studying social work at Lakehead University.
Emily wrote an ispirational poem about chalanges that she had to overcome in her own life Take a look at her Poem here
We asked Emily what winning this award means to her & how she would use it, here’s her response.
"Thank you so so much! I am so grateful and blessed to be awarded this year's Spring 2013 scholarship. When I saw that the topic of the poem would be 'overcoming obstacles' I was excited because it's a topic that is close to my heart. I've worked hard my whole life to overcome my obstacles, and what I learned throughout my life is that anything is possible. I'm currently studying social work at Lakehead University in Orillia, and throughout my career I want to encourage people to follow their dreams to achieve their goals because if someone didn't tell me this I don't think that I would be where I am today. With winning this scholarship, I can focus on my studies and volunteer to help others, without worrying as much about my financial burdens. I feel even more motivated to reach my goals of graduating and becoming a social worker. I cannot express how much this scholarship means to me, and I will be forever grateful for your generosity."
New Scholarship Award
1800Wheelchair Canada also would like to take this opportunity to announce our Seveth scholarship award. Established in 2009, the 1800wheelchair.ca scholarship awards two $500 scholarships each year. To enter the scholarship student follow these guidelines:
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college or university in Canada
- Enrolled at the undergraduate level or your final year of high school
- Age sixteen (16) years or older
- Legal resident of the Canada or hold a valid student visa
- Carry a status of “Good Standing” - i.e. currently enrolled
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Post marked by January 30th, 2015
- There is no formal application, all the information is here.
- There is no requirement in terms physical disability or ability. All applications are welcome.
- We do not accept fax or email applications.
- Please send your application via regular mail, no express mail accepted
- No need to print this page, just send your essay and contact information
- Please keep a digital copy in Word or Google Docs. We'll need a copy to put up on our site
For our seventh scholarship we will have another poetry contest: Please write a poem, in a style of your choosing, on the theme of overcoming a personal challenge. Please include a personal statement that gives us an idea of who you are and how your poem relates to a challenge you've faced. The poem and essay (combined) should run at 750 to 1,000 words, free feel to write a little more or less.
Send all materials to:
8171 Yonge St
Thornhill Ontario, L3T 2C6
Your application should include:
- Type written copy of your submission (make sure to save a digital copy so we can publish it)
- First & last name, email address & phone number printed at the top of each page
- Statement or transcript of your Grade Point Average (GPA) - unofficial transcripts accepted
Just looking for updates? Click here to ask a scholarship related questions or sign-up for our scholarship updates