When a child is limited to a wheelchair during their developmental years, it can cause a number of difficulties (pressure ulcers, poor circulation, altered bladder/bowel function, etc.). Pediatric standers are designed to counteract these issues by providing a secure apparatus that allows the child to assume several extended positions:
Supine - Ideal for children that lack head control, this position provides support for the posterior chain and incremental weight bearing as tolerated
Prone - Ideal for children with better head control, this position is used to strengthen extensors, to promote play, and to encourage use of the upper extremities.
Vertical - Ideal for promoting bone density, this position is also used to facilitate bladder and bowel function, and to introduce weight bearing.
If you’re looking to help the young person in your care avoid conditions that can hamper their development, you’re in the right place.
At 1800wheelchair, we carry the best pediatric standers from the top brands -- and our prices won’t break the bank! Order online or give us a call at 1-800-233-8110, our phone agents are standing by to answer any questions you may have.
Remember, orders over $99 qualify for free shipping!
- Four locking casters
- Prone, supine or upright positioning
- Easily repositions to accommodate growth
- Supports user in the upright and prone position
- Gently tilts frame from vertical to horizontal
- Optional power tilt
- Offers support in prone and supine positions
- Vertical and horizontal tilt
- Allows the user to variate between prone, supine and vertical standing
- Accommodates children 32" to 45" tall
- Mobility similar to that of standard wheelchairs
- Quick release wheels