Computers should be accessible to everyone. There is very little reason why a person with special needs can’t enjoy the use of a computer. When it comes to assistive technology, there are adaptations and devices that make computer use possible for people with special needs. For instance, the keyboard may be changed or the sound system may be updated to make computer use more convenient.
- Technology for the Visually Impaired: Find descriptions of technological devices used to help the visually impaired.
- Examples of Technology that Help the Visually Impaired: Discover information about magnification programs for computers as well as other technology that assists the visually impaired.
- Technological Assistance for the Visually Impaired: Learn about the challenges that people who are visually impaired face when using computer technology as well as solutions to some of those challenges. Also includes information for other people with disabilities.
- Types of Computing Technology for the Visually Impaired: Features different types of computer technology accompanied by descriptions that assist the visually impaired.
- Technology for the Blind: Learn about many types of technology that can be of assistance to the blind including various sorts of computer technology.
- Assistive Technology Devices: Checkout a list of technological devices that includes a selection for the visually impaired.
- Information Regarding Internet Access for the Hearing Impaired: Learn the importance of Internet access for the hearing impaired.
- Helpful Technology for the Hearing Impaired: Peruse a list of assistive technology designed to help the hearing impaired.
- Assistive Technology Facts: Find out more about assistive technology with this organization.
- Technology for the Hearing Impaired: Discover information about three assistive technologies that help people who are hearing impaired.
- A Useful Product for the Hearing Impaired: Peruse information about a product that serves to help a hearing impaired person with communication.
People with physical or motor impairments can still enjoy using a computer. In fact, there are a number of devices that allow these individuals to successfully use a computer. For instance, keyboards can be adapted for use by a person with physical or motor impairment. Also, a person with a physical or motor impairment can use a computer mouse that better suits their needs.
- Useful Technology for People with Motor Disabilities: Find a list that contains technologies that are helpful to people with motor disabilities including a special keyboard.
- Types of Assistive Technology for the Physically Impaired: A list of computer technology useful to people with physical impairment and individuals with other special needs.
- Descriptions of Assistive Technology: Read a gathering of examples of computer-related assistive technology along with their descriptions.
- Assistive Technology Resources: Review a collection of assistive technology resources.
- Computer Options for People with Impaired Mobility: Study a list of computer-related options that are helpful for people with impaired mobility.
People with learning disabilities experience many benefits by using computers. For instance, recording ideas and writing can be made easier with the help of a word processor. Furthermore, a student with a learning disability may find it more convenient to type notes for a class on a computer instead of write them. Computers offer students with learning disabilities a number of ways to make their study time more effective.
- Determining the Appropriate Assistive Technology: Find out how to determine a child’s assistive technology needs. Also includes resources on options for assistive technology.
- Types of Assistive Technology for People with Learning Disabilities: Learn about the various types of assistive technology, including computer software, for people with learning disabilities.
- Facts on Assistive Technology for Individuals with Learning Disabilities: Facts about the various learning disabilities is offered along with information on how word processors can be helpful to those individuals.
- Software for People with Learning Disabilities: A collection of software for people with learning disabilities accompanied by descriptions.
- Resources for People with Learning Disabilities: Find a variety of resources for people with learning disabilities.
Today, computers allow people with special needs more freedom to communicate with others. In fact, each new piece of computer technology brings people with special needs fresh and exciting opportunities.