Arthritis is one of the most rampant chronic health conditions and the nation’s leading cause of disability. Nearly one in five adults suffers front chronic joint symptoms, making a staggering 46 million individuals just in the United States. Arthritis can limit daily activities including bathing, dressing and walking. Although individuals of all age groups are at risk including nearly 300,000 children, the targeted age group is baby boomers with more women being affected then men.
Types of Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis: Here you will find information on osteoarthritis, the most common type of arthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Learn about the long-lasting disease, rheumatoid arthritis and how it affects the joints.
- Gout: As one of the most painful types of arthritis, gout is formed when the body is unable to eliminate excess uric acid.
- Fibromyalgia: How fibromyalgia can affect the muscles and their attachments to the bone, causing widespread pain.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Here you will learn how ankylosing spondylitis affects the spine and surrounding joints, causing inflammation.
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica: Linked to giant cell arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatica typically affect individuals 50 years of age or older.
- Lupus Erythematosus: Belonging to the family of rheumatic diseases, lupus erythematosus affects joints, as well as muscles, skin, kidneys, nervous system, lungs and heart.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Here you will learn about the type of arthritis that affects people between 30 and 50 years of age, psoriatic arthritis.
- Reactive Arthritis: Form of arthritis that typically appears after intestinal or genitourinary infections.
- Pseudogout: Condition that causes calcium pyrophosphate crystals to deposit in the joints.
Causes of Arthritis
- Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis: Find out the causes and other valuable information about the most common type of arthritis.
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: Here you will learn about the causes of JRA which affects more than 50,000 children in the U.S.
- Arthritis/Immune Diseases: Find a description and cause of several different types of arthritis.
- Causes of Reactive Arthritis: Common questions and answers about reactive arthritis and its causes.
- What Causes Osteoarthritis: Here you will learn what causes osteoarthritis and what happens when a joint is affected.
Symptoms of Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis Signs and Symptoms: Learn the common signs and symptoms associated with psoriatic arthritis.
- Arthritis of the Foot and Ankle: Here you will find the symptoms of foot and ankle arthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Find information and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Senior Health: Symptoms, risk factors and diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis in seniors.
- Turmeric Arthritis Symptoms: Learn about turmeric and rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and signs.
- Arthritis Treatment Options: Here you will find information on the various arthritis treatments available to patients.
- Arthritis Care Guide: Treatment options are discussed, such as acupuncture, surgery and stress control.
- Hip Replacement: Learn about the arthroplasty procedure for arthritis of the hip.
- Pain Tip Sheet: Arthritis exercise and other methods for arthritis treatment and pain management.
- Natural Therapies: Review a number of natural therapies to help treat and manage your arthritis.
- Autoimmune Mom:Living With Fibromyalgia and Celiac Disease
- Yoga for Arthritis Prevention: Learn how yoga exercises can help in arthritis prevention and pain relief.
- Arthritis Prevention and Education: Find articles about self-management tips, physical activities and valuable resources.
- Rheumatoid, Osteoarthritis and Spinal: Prevention techniques for the various types of arthritis.
- Control and Prevention: Learn about the Cure Act and how to prevent and control your arthritis.