Heavy Duty Power Wheelchairs
With weight capacities of up to 500 lbs, heavy duty power wheelchairs (often referred to as bariatric power chairs) are strong enough to accommodate almost any user. When compared with lighter power chairs, heavy duty models tend to feature larger motors, longer frames, and increased torque. While a lighter power chair may be difficult to maneuver through rougher landscapes, a heavy duty power wheelchair is designed to tackle even the most challenging terrain.
At 1800wheelchair, we have an excellent selection of heavy duty power wheelchairs for sale. We also have an extensive wheelchair accessories section, where you’ll find plenty of customization options to help ensure that your chair is a perfect fit.
- Reclining Captains
- Seat Belt
- Swing-Away Joystick Controller
- Joystick is protected by metal casing.
- Slide-out battery tray for easy access.
- Available with 22" or 24" width Captain's seat.
- Folds and opens in just 2 sec.
- Stands upright after folding
- Improves blood circulation and muscle tone
- Gently lifts users to a standing position
- Allows users to speak eye-level with others
- High-efficiency motor package
- High-performance operation indoors and out
- Extra-large 24" seat
- Dual enhanced in-line motors for greater efficiency, torque, range and performance
- Designed for weight distribution
- Front-wheel drive for excellent maneuverability
- Larger foot platform
Heavy Duty Power Wheelchairs Buying Tips
Built with larger persons in mind, these heavy duty power wheelchairs are the toughest available and support user weighing up to 500 lbs. Larger motors and longer frames allow and increase of torque over standard power wheelchairs.